Are you noticing rapid and uneven tyre wear lately?
In many cases, this is a sign that indicates a wheel imbalance. It can take a serious toll on your tyres and your driving experience. Ideally, a vehicle should have a routine wheel balancing check every 5000-6000 miles. However, the symptoms may sometimes occur early, depending on your driving habits and other external factors.
Uneven weight distribution across the car wheels can jeopardise your driving experience and also cause safety hazards. Thus, you should opt for professional service upon noticing signs of imbalance.
Campbells Tyres & Exhausts provides advanced wheel balancing Redcar and nearby areas at an affordable price.
What Are The Causes Of Unbalanced Wheels?
Though there are several reasons for this problem, here are some of the most common ones:
- Bad road conditions like potholes, etc.
- Certain driving habits like driving too fast over speed bumpers, frequent sharp braking, or parking on or at the edge of high pavements
- Damaged or worn-out vehicle components
- Incorrect tyre pressure, improper wheel/tyre installation
What Are The Signs Of Unbalanced Car Wheels?
If you notice any of the following signs while driving your car, consider visiting us for a wheel balancing check at the earliest:
Odd Juddering In Steering Wheel
This is one of the initial signs of a wheel imbalance. The odd vibrations on the steering wheel can spread over the entire vehicle cabin, floorboard, and seats as the tyres wear out. So, if you notice any odd vibrations while driving, contact us at the earliest.
Malfunctioning Shock Absorbers With Unpleasant Noise
The wheel bearing and suspension system of your car can also be affected due to unbalanced car wheels, leading to bumpy drives. It can also create unpleasant squealing noises while driving.
Here are some more signs that need attention:
- A sudden drop in your vehicle's fuel efficiency
- Steering issues
- Inefficient braking performance
- Uneven tread wear, etc.
So, stay alert and get an immediate check upon noticing any such signs.
What Should You Do When Noticing Any Of These Signs?
All these signs are influencing your vehicle's performance and safety. So, visit our garage at 103-105 Redcar Road Marske-by-the-Sea, Redcar TS11 6HU, if you detect any of them. We will conduct wheel balancing checks and get your car back on track safely.
How Do We Conduct Wheel Balancing?
As a reputed vehicle garage Redcar, we use advanced wheel balancing machines and computer technology for the most accurate service. Our technicians handle your vehicle with utmost care and restore the wheel balance following safety guidelines.
Here are the steps we follow while balancing your vehicle wheels:
- We safely dismount the wheel/tyre assembly from your car and mount it on the wheel balancer.
- Next, we rotate the wheel at high speed and note the readings from the computer monitor.
- From these readings, we detect the actual point of imbalance and add eco-friendly counterweights to the rim to balance the wheel.
- Once done, we install it back onto your car.
- Before you leave us, we will ensure each tyre is inflated with the correct amount of air.
Note: We carry out wheel balancing as a standard procedure during every tyre change.
Are you interested in our services? Then, conclude your "wheel balancing checks near me" searches with us!
Like most of our other services online, you can book a wheel balancing service using the booking section on this website.
You can also come directly to us, call us on 01642 478720 or write to us at email@example.com.